Fourm alive or dead?

Just looking for a hookup? No money needed? Post ads here! Send private messages to connect!
Hornybayman3

Fourm alive or dead?

Post by Hornybayman3 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:25 am

Anyone still use the fourm anymore?

Placguy

Re: Fourm alive or dead?

Post by Placguy » Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:22 pm

Seems dead to me. I haven’t had any luck on here at all lately

Whatyawanna*

Post by Whatyawanna* » Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:37 pm

I think a lot has switched over to NLadult and using the chat function.

Hot_Rod

Post by Hot_Rod » Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:35 pm

For what it's worth, I'm still here, maintaining the Forums, and will continue to do so unless or until I'm told otherwise.

I know that Admin had been shifting more towards the main site, and the new content site, nldtconnect.com, and there was talk of shutting down the forum altogether. However, it's still up and running. Feel free to continue to post reviews, or any other observations in the various subgroups as appropriate.

SadieSinz666

Post by SadieSinz666 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:06 am

Seems dead to me 😳

Cap’n Crunch

Post by Cap’n Crunch » Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:00 pm

I think it would be great to keep it up and running Hot Rod - i still come here to read old reviews especially when providers resurface after a long time away. And the reviews on the main site go away after a couple of months. That’s my two cents…

verycurious1

Post by verycurious1 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:27 pm

Yep - I agree.... not many posts here at all...

MatureGuy123

Post by MatureGuy123 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:44 am

Yes, I agree with the Captain. The ability to search the forum to do research on someone you are thinking of seeing is valuable. I wish more people would use it as it then builds up the database. But alas most seem to want and use the other side.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:06 am

I will make a banner ad for it and see if more people will come use the forum. :)
This forum costs me a few hundred each month to keep up so If its a dead site, maybe its time to let it go?
I will post a banner ad for it and see if there is any interest but if not, lets call it a day on the Nladult Forum and keep stuff on the main site I guess
-ADMIN-

Hot_Rod

Post by Hot_Rod » Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:05 pm

I think that with the onset of the new "Paid Content" site, NLDTconnect.com, there has been a lot of talk that when this new site comes online (and it already has), the forum was going to be phased out. Ultimately, Admin is going do what he feels is best for the site overall and its membership, and if that means we lose the forum site, then so be it. Far be it from me to argue about it when it's Admin who's putting in all the time, money, and other resources to keep three boards up and running, especially when the Forum site, in and of itself, does not generate a revenue stream (except maybe for ads from sponsor sites). However, as someone who's been moderating the forums for the past year or so, I would strongly advocate it's continuance. Frankly, we need to keep in mind why the forum board was established in the first place, as an outlet for open discussion. A place where clients could have their say about specific providers, whether they offered good service, or whether they were running a scam. Also, a place for providers could have their two cents worth about abusive clients and the like. I feel that the site didn't get its fair due because it was never really pushed to its full potential. Sadly, I feel that the forum was actually seen as a place to advertise content outside of the main site. The fact that it was initially used as an actual "discussion" board kind of took away from the "advertising" aspect of it, but I really don't see that as a bad thing.

I also feel that attempting to use the current format of the main site as a way to establish "discussions" won't work either. It appears that the only "discussion" that goes on over on the man site only seems to occur when a SP puts up an ad, and then you get a scattered comment from clients to the provider themselves. Even when an "ad" is put up for the purpose of discussion, it doesn't seem to generate the amount of chat that the ad was meant to generate, and I believe that is mostly because most folks see the main site as a place to read ads from providers offering service, so they can establish contact with those providers to arrange meeting times for services.

Removing the forum site will, ultimately, stifle the kind of open discussion that it was, in my opinion, designed to generate in the first place. It seemed to be going well for the first year or two of its existence, but it seems to have tapered off recently. I can't help but wonder if it's because there may be too many "separate boards" now. It's too bad we couldn't find a platform where you can go to a single site, and get "one stop shopping". One board that is divided into 3 sections: (1) providers advertising services (our main site), (2) content providers selling their wares (the nldtconnect site), and (3) a discussion forum (the nladultforums site), all on one platform. I know it's definitely do-able, if we can find (or create) the appropriate site format. I believe that this might also benefit Admin in the long run, as he is not then spending separate fees trying to keep 3 boards running, which in the long run, may harm all three! Instead, he's paying a single fee to run ONE site, but it has all three of the features he's hoping to keep going.

Just my humble two cents worth!